Pidgin IM 2.12.0
Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:00 PM
Pidgin and Finch - The Pimpin' Penguin IM Clients That're Good For The Soul!
The free, open source, instant messaging program for Windows, Linux, BSD, and other Unixes; formerly known as 'Gaim'. Pidgin supports many features of the various networks. Pidgin can work with: AIM / Bonjour /Gadu-Gadu / Google Talk / Groupwise / ICQ / IRC / MSN / QQ / SILC / SIMPLE / Sametime / XMPP / Yahoo! / Zephyr
Website: PidginFavicon.png 917bytes 18 downloads Pidgin IM
SourceForge: Pidgin Project Page
Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:54 PM
- Support new connection states and signals for NetworkManager 0.9+.
(Dan Williams) (#13859)
- AIM and ICQ:
- Fix a possible crash when receiving an unexpected message from the server. (Thijs Alkemade) (#14983)
- Allow signing on with usernames containing periods and underscores. (#13500)
- Allow adding buddies containing periods and underscores. (#13500)
- Don't try to format ICQ usernames entered as email addresses. Gets rid of an "Unable to format username" error at login. (#13883)
- Windows-Specific Changes:
- The autoaccept plugin will no longer reset the preference for unknown buddies to "Auto Reject" in certain cases. (#14964)
Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:15 PM
Pidgin 2.10.4 contains two (2) Security Updates - please upgrade now!
- Support building against Farstream in addition to Farsight. (Olivier Crete) (#14936)
- Disable periodic WHO timer. IRC channel user lists will no longer automatically display away status, but libpurple will be much kinder to the network.
- Print unknown numerics to channel windows if we can associate them. Thanks to Marien Zwart. (#15090)
- Fix a possible crash when receiving messages with certain characters or character encodings. Thanks to Fabian Yamaguchi for reporting this!
- Fix a possible crash when receiving a series of specially crafted file transfer requests. Thanks to Jos? Valent?n Guti?rrez for reporting this! (CVE-2012-2214)
- Windows-Specific Changes:
- Words added to spell check dictionaries are saved across restarts of Pidgin (#11886)
Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 PM
Pidgin 2.10.5 contains a security update for users of MXit. Please upgrade if you use MXit!
- Add support for GNOME3 proxy settings. (Mihai Serban) (#15054)
- Fix a crash that may occur when trying to ignore a user who is not in the current chat room. (#15139)
- Fix building with MSVC on Windows (broken in 2.10.4). (Florian Qu?ze)
- Fix a buffer overflow vulnerability when parsing incoming messages containing inline images. Thanks to Ulf H?rnhammar for reporting this! (CVE-2012-3374)
Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:01 PM
Pidgin 2.10.7 contains some security updates for users of MXit,
Sametime, and anyone connected to a public network (unencrypted Wi-Fi, universities, offices, etc).
It also contains updated SSL certificates to fix signin problems with MSN. Please upgrade!
Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:55 PM
Pidgin 2.10.8 contains important security updates for all users. It also fixes the untrusted SSL certificates for AIM. Please upgrade!
01/28/2014 - ChangeLog: - »developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ChangeLog
Downloads - Ubuntu, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Source:
Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:06 AM
The ChangeLog is now available via our Bitbucket repositoryhttps://developer.pi.../wiki/ChangeLog
Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:31 PM
Pidgin 2.12.0 removed protocols that were not being maintained:
Facebook XMPP, MSN, MySpace, Mxit, and Yahoo!.
These will show up as unknown in your account lists until you delete them.
AIM is not breaking, update to this version to keep it working!