Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 35,889 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:57 AM

Attached File  Camino_Logo_Camino.png   15.92KB   0 downloads

The end of an era ∞
by Samuel Sidler - May 30, 2013

Today we updated Camino’s website to note that the browser is no longer under development and has thus reached the end of its life. We’re encouraging all of our users to switch to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Of course, anyone observing Camino will note that it’s not a surprising change given we last released an update in March 2012. Our previous attempts to breathe life into the project and switch to Webkit didn’t succeed.

It was back in February 2005 that I first started helping the Camino project, first setting up a domain, then working to get their new website published. Camino got me involved in the Mozilla community, which eventually got me my job at Mozilla.

It’s sad to think this browser that gave me so much is finally being laid to rest. But here we are, more than a decade after it was first created, saying goodbye.

Goodbye old friend, rest in digital peace.

Camino.org...Camino reaches its end

Camino is an open source web browser developed with a focus on providing the best possible experience for Mac OS X users

Built from the ground up exclusively for Mac OS X, Camino is designed to make your browsing experience better. With features like annoyance blocking, tab overview, and phishing and malware detection, Camino keeps you browsing safer and faster on the Web.

Built on top of the Mozilla Gecko 1.9 rendering engine, Camino includes support for the most popular web standards in use on today’s websites.

Attached File  Camio_Button110x32_5.png   4.49KB   182 downloads

#2 Chachazz

Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 35,889 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:42 AM

Pimp My Camino - Essentials you shouldn't be without
"Dedicated to bringing you all the extensions, applications, themes and optimized builds for Camino, the native Mac OS X browser from Mozilla."

...run by David Feare and Jon Hicks in their ?spare? time.
(hicksdesign, started by Jon Hicks in 2002, produced the (new)current Firefox & Thunderbird logos)

http://pimpmycamino.com/

#3 Chachazz

Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 35,889 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Camino 2.1.2 Released!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 by Samuel Sidler

Camino 2.1.2 is a stability and security update for Camino 2.1.x. All users are urged to upgrade.

We’ve just released Camino 2.1.2, a maintenance release which contains various security and stability updates to Camino 2.1. All users are urged to update.

In addition, Camino 2.1.2 is available in the following languages:
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Dutch
  • English (US)
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Norwegian (Bokm?l)
  • Spanish (Castellano)
  • Swedish
As always, you can download Camino 2.1.2 in English (or the multilingual version) from our website, and existing Camino users will receive this release via software update.

When you first launch a new version of Camino, the welcome page now checks for an outdated Flash Player plug-in to help keep you up to date. If you see an update message, please follow the link to install the latest Flash Player plug-in to get the most stable and secure browsing experience.

#4 Chachazz

Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 35,889 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Topic will be permanently closed and pinned.