Also available: Standard, Pro & Server Editions.
Macrium Reflect Free 5.2.6465
Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:48 PM
Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:42 PM
Macrium Reflect 5.1.5856
* Compatibility with Tablet PCs using 32 Bit UEFI boot
- Reflect now supports Windows PE restoring on 32 bit UEFI boot PCs such as the Lenovo Tablet 2 series.
* Warning message in log for incomplete backup sets
- When creating an Incremental backup a warning message is now written to the log file if the backup set doesn't have all files in the backup target folder.
* Spin up delay
- If the backup target folder cannot be located when running a backup then an automatic delay of 5 seconds is initiated before retrying to allow for disks spinning up from sleep.
# Bug fixes:
* UEFI CD boot problem
- If the 'Prompt for key press option..' was enabled when creating a UEFI booting CD then this could cause the CD not to be loaded when booting. This is a generic problem with UEFI booting media and the option is no-longer available in the rescue wizard.
* Clone failure when expanding an XP partition
- A disk clone could fail to complete if an XP partition is resized larger. This has been resolved.
* Failure email not sent
- If an incremental or differential backup failed with the message 'Failed to load image file' then failure emails may not be sent. This has been resolved
* File and Folder backup mounting issue
- File and Folder backups could fail to mount in Windows Explorer if the backup file is located on a mapped network share. This has been resolved
* Program error
- Reflect could raise a program error if a scheduled incremental backup references an xml file that has been delete or renamed. This has been resolved.
* Alternative locations issue
- When using 'Alternative locations' for backup target rotations a Full backup may be created when a Differential or Incremental was expected. This has been resolved.
Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:44 AM
Macrium Reflect Free 5.2.6314
(28 June 2013)
What's new? 5.2.6314:
- Windows Vista rescue media creation error
Creating the Windows PE rescue media on Windows Vista could cause an error: 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'. This has been resolved.
- Clone drive letters
Booting a cloned disk with the original still attached could cause the cloned system partition to be allocated a drive letter other than 'C'. This has been resolved.
Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:28 PM
Macrium Reflect Free Version: 5.2.6345
(24 July 2013)
What's new? 5.2.6345:
- Images and backup files can now be mounted writable in Windows Explorer
When mounting an image or file and folder backup in Windows Explorer, a new option 'Make Writable' will enable write access to the mounted file system. This enables files to be accessed without the need to first restore them if they are required to be writeable by opening application. For example, Microsoft Virtual Disk (.vhdx) files can now be access directly in a mounted image without the need to restore the file first.
Please note that changes to the mounted file system are temporary and will be discarded when the image is unmounted.
- ImgToVHD conversion of images containing dynamic volumes
The operation to convert an imade file containing dynamic volumes is now prevented. Previously this would cause an invalid VHD file to be created.
- Partition display layout incorrect
If a disk contained a partition of 1MB or less then this cold cause the layout in the Reflect GUI to show unpredictable partition offsets. This has been resolved.
- Notepad could fail to launch when editing VBScript source files
When editing VBScript source files on Windows Server the default editor 'Notepad' could fail to launch. This has been resolved.
- Directory search could cause Reflect to hang
When typing in a network (UNC) path into any folder entry fields Reflect could become unresponsive. This has been resolved.
Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 PM
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6377
5 September 2013
- Image mounting driver update
The image mounting driver 'psmounterex.sys' was incorrectly reverted to an older version in the previous update. This has now been corrected.
What's new - 5.2.6375:
- Out of disk space error
The log error message 'No Space on destination' is now shown in red text to avoid confusion over the reason for the backup failure
- Download timeouts
The download read timeout has been increased to reduce timeout errors when downloading the Windows PE files.
- Backup Windows Improvements
For MBR systems, previously all partitions marked 'Active' were selected for Windows backup. This has now been optimized to only include the 'Active' partition used to start the current Windows session.
- File and Folder restore file attributes
When restoring a File and Folder backup to a different destination or if the existing file wasn't present then the 'Hidden', 'Read Only' and 'System' file attributes were not restored. This has been resolved.
- Installer ending prematurely
Some customers experienced an "Installation Ended Prematurely" message when installing the previous release. This has been resolved.
Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:25 AM
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6399
(26 September 2013)
- New options for handling NTFS reparse points.
Reflect now contains the option to follow or backup the definitions of folder symbolic links and junction points.
- Menu option in Windows PE environment to change keyboard layout.
A new menu option is available in the Windows PE environment to change the keyboard layout in use. Additionally, keyboard recognition on boot has been improved.
- Server edition now writes Windows events to the classic application channel as well as the Macrium channel.
A number of customers have requested that Macrium Reflect logs events to the classic application channel for parsing by third party log analysis software. This has been implemented.
- Improved PE download integrity checking.
Macrium Reflect now performs additional integrity checks on downloaded files when building PE Rescue Media.
- Issue with approved shell extension.
Customers have reported a rare conflict between specific group policy settings for approved shell extensions and the Macrium Reflect shell. This has been resolved.
- Version 4.2 upgrade issues.
Some customers have reported an error message when trying to install version 5.2 using a version 4.2 upgrade key. This has been resolved.
- Program error when extracting Windows PE files.
Some customers have reported a program error when burning rescue media. This has been resolved.
Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:16 AM
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6437
5th December 2013
Bug Fixes: :
- Mount Issue in WADK (WinPE 4)
Some customers reported an issue with mounting images in WADK (WinPE 4) rescue media. This has been resolved
- Installer Issue
A bug caused a paid edition installer to fail if the Free Edition was present. This has been resolved.
Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:48 AM
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6444
23rd December 2013
Bug Fixes: 5.2.6444:
- File and Folder backup issue with 'Chinese Simplified' System Locale
Certain Chinese characters could cause files to be invisible when mounted in Windows Explorer when backed up using Windows set to 'Chinese Simplified' System Locale. This has been resolved
- SMTP Email Server connection problem
A connection problem with 'outlook.com' has been resolved.
- Program crash after completion of backup
If a backup was initiated when displaying the 'Log' tab a program error could occur at the end of the backup. This has been resolved.
Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:59 PM
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6465
Date 25th January 2014
Bug Fixes: 5.2.6465:
- Windows PE 3.1 build problems
The Windows PE 3.1 rescue media build process could error with "An error occurred mounting the Windows Image File". This has been resolved
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6463:
- Linux rescue CD build problem
Release v5.2.6462 caused a problem with the rescue media creation wizard when building Linux based media. This has been resolved
Macrium Reflect 5.2.6462:
- Windows PE 5.0
Macrium Reflect now includes the option to create Windows PE 5.0 rescue media. Windows PE 5.0 is based on Windows 8.1 and provides the latest Windows kernel and driver database. Windows PE 5.0 rescue media can be created with all Windows operating systems except for Windows XP.
- Prompt for comment
To enter a new Image comment when running an existing backup definition, select the backup definition and take the 'Run Now' > 'Prompt' context menu option and click the 'Comment' button.
- Error when burning rescue media
When burning a rescue CD/DVD the process could incorrectly abort with the message 'Please insert erasable or empty CD/DVD media'. This has been resolved
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users