Data Recovery - Data Destruction
Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:26 PM
- full or partial file name,
- file size,
- file creation date, or
- file last accessed date
Pandora Recovery allows you to preview deleted files of certain type (images and text files) without performing recovery. This feature becomes really important if you are forced to recover deleted files to the same drive. Currently you can preview files having several image file types (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, ICO,TIF, TGA, PCX, WBMP, WMF, JP2, J2K, JBG, JPC, PGX, PNM, RAS, CUR) and several text file types (TXT, LOG, INI, BAT, RTF, XML, CSS). Quick Viewer allows you preview file contents as text if it cannot find appropriate viewer for it. To use quick viewer you can select deleted file and or click the Quick Viewer icon or right click on deleted file and select 'Quick View'. Quick View will then display a preview of deleted file.
Finally, Pandora Recovery allows you to recover deleted files, without any limitations on application's end. Note that successful recovery might not be possible - if the original location has been reused by operating system to store different content the integrity of the original content has not been preserved and the recovered data will most likely be corrupted.
O/S: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2000
Use this link on the website to download:
'Download from local server' at:
Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:57 PM
Optimum Data Recovery, Inc. not only provides professional data recovery services for hard drives, Raid servers and all other storage media, but in addition it has also launched a range of data recovery software products. In order to allow the individuals and small business users to recover data from any logical data loss situation on their own, we have developed a compete range of data recovery utilities.
Since data loss can attack any time so one must be prepared to handle the after affects of data loss. The data recovery software will recover the data which has been lost due to any reason like accidental deletion, drive reformat, virus attack. Optimum Data Recovery, Inc. provides these data recovery softwares free of cost.
Data Recovery Software for Deleted Files from NTFS File System
This data recovery software can recover deleted files and folders from Microsoft Windows file system. In order to get back your vital data from NTFS file system download this software.
Data Recovery tool for Formatted NTFS drive
Optimum Recovery NTFS (Formatted) data recovery software recovers critical data lost due to any reason of drive format.
It is equipped with an efficient drive scanner. Drive scan time is quite minimal and after the scan is complete directory tree structure is built. The directory tree structure shows the arrangement of files as they were before drive reformat. The files and folders can be easily recovered and placed in a healthy drive.
Data Recovery Software for Deleted Files from FAT32 File System
Data Restore software for formatted and corrupted FAT drives
If your crucial data has been lost due to accidental drive format then data restore software from Optimum is your free data recovery solution.
Optimum Recovery FAT (Formatted) data recovery software is a complete solution for Windows FAT formatted partitions. The powerful directory scanner scans the formatted drive within minutes saving your precious time. The Directory tree structure is built soon after the drive has been scanned which allows you to recover files and directories in a timely environment. Don?t wait anymore and download this promising data recovery tool.
Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:02 AM
Glary Undelete works under Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista operating systems. The program supports all Windows file systems for hard and floppy drives including FAT12/16/32,NTFS/NTFS5 and image recovery from CompactFlash, SmartMedia, MultiMedia and Secure Digital cards.
* Supports FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
* Supports recovery of compressed, fragmented and encrypted files on NTFS
* Supports Basic and Dynamic Volumes
* Undelete files on removable devices (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, etc.)
* Filter by file name, file date, size, recovery state
* Supports Windows XP/ VISTA / 2003 Server Operating Systems
* And more...
Glary Undelete is able to adapt to differing Windows versions and supports the following Windows releases: Windows 98, ME, 2000, 2003, XP, NT and Vista.
Minimal system configuration
* Graphics mode 800x600 with 16-bit colors
* 5 MB free hard disk space at least
* Intel Pentium or AMD K5 processor with 133 MHz
* 32 MB RAM
Recommended system configuration
* Graphics mode 1024x768 with 32-bit color
* 30 MB or more free hard disk space
* Intel Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon processor with 500 or above MHz
* 128 MB RAM or more
* Internet access
Maybe worth looking at.
Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:11 PM
NTFS Undelete is free software that allows you to recover deleted files. It recovers files directly from hard drive, and it will work even if you empty Recycle Bin.
Before downloading NTFS Undelete, please consider the following:
When you delete a file, its content physically remains intact on the media, but the occupied space becomes marked as free. Next file saved to the disk may overwrite the contents of the deleted file.
It is very important to make sure that no application writes to the drive or partition where deleted file is located since every new file (even a small one) may overwrite the deleted file.
Tips. What you should do, when you realized that the file you need is deleted:
Do not open or close files and applications.
Many applications create temporary files which may overwrite and corrupt your deleted files.
Depending on your system configuration, you should perform one of the following actions:
If deleted files were located on the system disk (usually disk "C:"), or if you have only one logical disk in the system, you should not install any software into the system since it will most likely overwrite your deleted file.
We provide an ISO image with NTFS Undelete. You will have to use another computer to burn that image to a CD or DVD. Then just run NTFS Undelete directly from CD.
If your deleted files are not located on the system disk, then you can use NTFS Undelete Windows Installer to install the software as usual.
Run NTFS Undelete application and locate deleted file you'd like to restore.
Always recover files to another disk or partition. Do not recover files to the same partition they were located, otherwise files you are recovering may get corrupted and unrecoverable.
That's it, now you have your files back!
Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:31 PM
Free Partition Recovery is an extremely powerful tool for anyone to use but this statement must be caveated with the fact that with power comes a degree of responsibility.
In other words, use this tool with extreme caution as it can destroy your file system to the point of massive and possibly permanent data loss.
That being said lets take a look at how we can put this tool to good use.
First, the software should be run from a master drive. There should be two drives in the system, your boot drive from where the software is executed, and the damaged drive. The damaged drive being the one with the corrupt or missing partition. Free Partition Recovery is designed to work on Windows XP type operating systems, so make sure that you have unzipped the file onto that type of operating system.
DTI Data is proud to announce a free FAT 32 File Undelete program that will recover your data off of just about all external hard drives. Due to the many different operating systems out there, hard drive manufacturer ers use the FAT 32 file system on USB and Firewire drives because they are compatible with any OS.
Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:54 PM
UndeleteMyFiles is a free tool to recover accidentally deleted files from hard disks, USB flash drives, CF and SD cards and other storage media.
UndeleteMyFiles is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted media and digital devices.It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.
The interface is very easy to use, just select the device that contains the files that need to be recovered and specify the folder to save the files to.
* File Rescue - The File Rescue Wizard is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted files from PC. It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.
* Media Recover - The Media Recover Wizard is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted media from PC and digital devices.It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.
* Delete File Search - The Advanced Delete File Search provides a great variety of specialized filters that allow you to find and work closely with specific deleted information and files.Recoverable items can be previewed beforehand, deleted file contents can be searched and organized in many ways, and entire directory structure may be recovered. There is an option of deleted disk partitions files and folders recovery.
* Files Wiper - The Security Tools allow you to delete any files permanently without recovery.Also provide an option of Windows context menu integration.
* Emergency Disk Image - The Emergency Disk Image can be a critical tool when salvaging lost data because it provides a way to save all data on a particular drive to a single file and recover intended items over time without risk of loss due to use of original drive. Disk images create an immediate usable snapshot and thus prevent deleted data from being overwritten by subsequent drive activity.
* Mail Rescue - Mail Recovery Wizard.
Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:38 PM
DiskDigger can recover files from any type of media that your computer can read. This includes USB flash drives, memory cards (SD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc), and of course your hard drive. The types of files that it recovers includes photos, videos, music, documents, and other formats.
DiskDigger works by thoroughly scanning each sector of your media for traces of files. This has some advantages and disadvantages (read on to find out).
You may find DiskDigger useful if?
* you deleted one or more photos from a memory card by accident, and want them restored.
* you deleted one or more photos from a memory card on purpose, but now want them restored.
* you deleted some documents from your USB flash drive, and want to recover them.
* you came across an old hard drive of yours (or someone else?s) that?s been reformatted, and would like to see what its previous contents were.
* you?re just curious about what old deleted photos (or other files) are still present on your memory cards.
DiskDigger is also a work in progress. This means that new features will be added very frequently, including support for more file formats, more configuration options, etc., so check back for updates.
What isn?t DiskDigger?
DiskDigger is not an ?undelete? utility per se. Well, it kind of is, but isn?t. An ?undelete? utility scans through the file system on your disk and looks for file records that have been marked deleted, and allow you to bring them back.
DiskDigger, on the other hand, brute-forces its way through your media, scanning it thoroughly for any trace of files that can be recovered. I don?t mean ?brute-force? in any malicious way; this simply refers to the fact that DiskDigger reads every single sector of data, and scans it for traces of various file types. In this sense, DiskDigger is advantageous over an undelete utility because DiskDigger goes underneath the file system.
DiskDigger is not a ?repair? utility. It cannot repair a broken memory card or disk. DiskDigger is a strictly ?read-only? tool, and never changes the contents of the media you scan. It will, of course, scan unformatted (or badly formatted) media, but it won?t attempt to fix the formatting of the media.
Edited by TheSentinel, 04 June 2011 - 07:03 PM.
Broken link corrected
Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:08 AM
WipeDisk erases physical and logical disks (complete harddisks or single partition) secure and fast.
WipeDisk overwrites the information sector-wise, from the first sector of the disk to the last one. This is particularly important for forensically correct deletion of data. WipeDisk supports 14 different wipe methods, e.g. two US Navy standards, the standard of the US Department of Defence, US Airforce and the NATO.
Tip: To wipe only files and folders, you can use the application WipeFile.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users