No replies to this topic

#1 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 24,815 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Android 4: Now you see it, now you don't
Google's unified mobile OS was announced in October but good luck finding it. At this point, can anyone count on it?
By Galen Gruman | InfoWorld

I know that Google's Android 4 "Ice Cream Sandwich" mobile OS is not a figment of my imagination. I know this because I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running it, Samsung Nexus S owners reported getting the Android 4 upgrade in December, and Asus Transformer Prime tablet owners began getting the update in mid-January. Plus, a small number of Wi-Fi-only Xoom users report getting Android 4 in the last few weeks. But that's all the evidence there is pointing to Android 4's existence.

The mobile OS was anticipated for much of 2011 and unveiled in October as the unified smartphone/tablet version that would bring business security, a slicker user interface, cool new capabilities such as NFC support, and a more integrated experience to better compete with Apple's iOS. But we haven't seen hide nor hair of "Ice Cream Sandwich" except for that handful of devices, and every new device so far this year is shipping with Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" for smartphones and Android 3.1 "Honeycomb" for tablets.

Read more about that: http://www.infoworld...you-dont-186575

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users