Windows 8 Shortcut Keys
- Windows key - brings up the Metro start screen. You can start typing to search for an app, just like the Win7 start menu.
- Win + D - brings up the old Windows desktop.
- Win + C - brings up the Charms menu, where you can search, share, and change settings.
- Win + I - opens the Settings panel, where you can change settings for the current app, change volume, wireless networks, shut down, or adjust the brightness.
- Win + Z - opens the App Bar for the current Metro application.
- Win + H - opens the Metro Share panel.
- Win + Q - brings up the Metro App Search screen.
- Win + W - brings up the Metro Settings search screen.
- Win + F - brings up the Metro File search screen.
- Win + K - opens the Devices panel (for connecting to a projector or some other device)
- Win + , (comma) - Aero Peek at the desktop.
- Win + . (period) - Snaps the current Metro application to one side of the screen. (Right side)
- Win + Shift + . (period) - Snaps the current Metro application to the other side of the screen. (Left side)
- Win + J - switches focus between snapped Metro applications.
- Win + Page Up / Down - moves the current app to the other monitor.
- Win + Tab - opens the Metro application switcher menu, switches between applications.
- Win+space - change language
Start replacement = Win key+X
Big List of Windows shortcut keys