1 reply to this topic

#1 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 24,853 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Some people don't have a clue as to why they need the new iPad

Do consumers really understand why they need the new thing from Apple? No, they don't, in many cases.
by Brooke Crothers | March 17, 2012 2:09 PM PDT

Visits to two Apple stores on Friday confirmed my Apple Shiny Slab Theory. That is, some consumers, deep down, don't really know why they buy the newest Apple thing.

After attending a meeting in Hollywood on Friday, I stopped by an Apple store down the street in Century City (aka, Beverly Hills) and another in Santa Monica. I estimate I spent more than two hours total in those two stores.

My intention was not only to try to gauge the level of interest in the new iPad but also to form (I would hope) a bulletproof rationale for upgrading from my iPad 2.

During the course of comparing my iPad 2 with the new iPad (see photos as just a couple of examples) I overheard--and participated in--a few discussions with customers and the Apple staff.

One numbingly consistent (as in "here we go again") query to Apple staff by prospective buyers--and I'll paraphrase--was: "Hey, I really don't see any difference between this new iPad and my iPad 2. Can you show me what's different?"

The Apple staff was quick to rattle off 4G, better camera, dictation, and, of course, the Retina display. But the improved camera and dictation was of little interest to the buyers I stood next to. 4G was important to a few but not material for others.

But, ah, that new display. Everybody was obsessing about that. That glorious, pixel-packing, eye-popping screen.

Read more about that: http://news.cnet.com...d-the-new-ipad/

#2 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 24,853 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Please read in addition:

Everything you need to know about the new iPad

It's iPad day! Before you open your new toy or before you pull out your credit card to make your purchase, let CNET be your guide to Apple's latest tablet.
by Kent German | March 16, 2012 11:50 AM PDT

http://news.cnet.com...t-the-new-ipad/