DefenseWall 3.18 beta
Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:01 PM
DefenseWall 3.18 beta version is ready for your tests.
1. Everything that running on a computer is signed with digital signature, including the installation file.
2. Found and solved an issue with copy control functionality. Now it puts untrusted attribute correct way.
3. Found and solved an issue with Windows events were triggering once per two seconds.
4. Found and solved an issue with inability to start WMP initialization in trusted zone for Windows 8.
5. Whitelisting enhanced.
And did I mention installation file is signed? :)
Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:44 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 PM
Edited by LoneWolf, 23 March 2012 - 12:44 PM.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:20 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:46 PM
Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:20 AM
Edited by cedar, 25 March 2012 - 12:22 AM.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:26 PM
It is not like an anti-virus. It is a policy based sandbox HIPS with application firewall. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pWo0M_B_OKU
It is a very powerful program and easy to use. It is for 32-bit computers only.
Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:38 AM
Edited by cedar, 22 April 2012 - 03:40 AM.
Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:28 PM
Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:41 PM
Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:42 PM
I didn't work. It hung perpetually just like Windows update. Thanks
I'm pretty discouraged as I really am not interested in running anything else. Every image I have back through 3.17 is the same way. I can install any image uninstall DefenseWall and it will work reinstall with stock settings and it won't. I don't have a choice but to load a alternative solution at least temporarily.
Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:32 PM
1. Run FixIt and wait for the hung.
2. Export DW's logs into a file ("Events log"->"Export") immediately right after this hung, zip this file and post here.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users