No replies to this topic

#1 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Extreme mobility: Tools and tips for smartphone-only travel
You can enjoy the liberation of traveling without a laptop -- if you have the right equipment and plan ahead.
By Brian Nadel
March 30, 2012 06:00 AM ET

Computerworld - After more than 20 years of dragging a notebook computer around whenever I traveled, I finally told myself that enough is enough. On two recent business trips, I joined the small but growing number of travelers who eschew a laptop in favor of a smaller, lighter device.

I could have opted for an iPad or an Android tablet, which would have lightened my load somewhat while providing a 7-to-10-in. screen. But that's an intermediary approach that would still require carrying a phone in addition to the tablet, probably shaving only a few pounds off my travel weight. I decided to go all the way to the light side and see if I could travel with just a smartphone. Call it extreme mobility.

Leaving my laptop and its clunky power adapter at my office has lightened my load considerably. I feel like the After picture in an ad for a new diet plan. Before, I was hunched over, burdened by a heavy notebook bag filled with nearly 10 lbs. of assorted stuff. The After shot shows me standing up straight, holding a thin leather briefcase that houses my smartphone, accessories, paper files and reading material.

More: http://www.computerw...one_only_travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users