• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rbz

rbz

Adv. Member

• Active Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

I've been testing various betas for years and have often been surprised at the LACK of interest some companies have in their own products. Many are willing to release a sub par product knowing that they will "work out the bugs" after release.

However, I have been extremely impressed with the author of Defensewall HIPS. I have never met him; but it is my belief that he really cares that his product works for everyone, BUG FREE.

After three solid weeks of daily correspondence, 48 emails, 13 different debugging drivers, and trials, I feel that DW is ready to properly test in my system. My problems in running the software were related to some (perhaps uncommon) mount points because of dynamic disks in XP.

At no point did Ilya make me feel like a nuisance. In fact, quite to the contrary, it was my impression that with each small step he got some gratification from the solution.

I am now about to start learning about and slowly testing this software to see if it is correct for my own purposes. It's not necessary to go into my personal experiences with other (defensive) software (considerable). My purpose here is to say that whatever your situation, the support from Ilya is WITHOUT PEER- it is the very best I have seen.

I hope that the product will continue to improve as I strongly suspect it will.

rbz