74 replies to this topic

#61 Creer

Creer

GSF mate

• Active Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Just a thought:

If this feature/implementation needs time: http://gladiator-ant...mp;#entry248862 (#662)

so then how about new HotKey command eg. ALT+WIN+R (Running Trusted and Untrusted Processes) - which will open Trusted and Untrusted Process Details - Running Now - window, to fast access to check all trusted and untrusted running processes.

#62 abc

abc

Sen. Member

• Active Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Creer @ Feb 8 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a thought:

If this feature/implementation needs time: http://gladiator-ant...mp;#entry248862 (#662)

so then...

if this idea has already been partly addressed with the help of an image, nothing has been said about the other idea, or to be advised for each process starting as untrusted...

It is obvious that it would be useful to be alerted only for processes that are not marked by a blue item (blue item=default untrusted list)...

#63 abc

abc

Sen. Member

• Active Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

although perfectly trapped into File and registry tracks, i proposed to Ilya to mark with a particular color all files generated by an untrusted process that were characterized with special attributes (hidden,...) so as to be more easily traceable...

What do you think about it?

#64 Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich

- DefenseWall -

• SoftSphere Technologies
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

I have to stop adding new GUI-related staff in order to allow Chachazz to finish the help file. Otherwise, the V3 release won't happens for a long time.

#65 abc

abc

Sen. Member

• Active Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

infact, my wish is simply to see these little ideas take shape in a relatively short time provided always that you and the community feel these ideas useful...

Keep un the good work and txs again for your attention...

#66 chinook9

chinook9

• Active Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Ilya:

I just experienced something that I thought you might like to fix.

I moved some software in a couple of folders onto my desktop from an external drive. I check them and found that they were trusted by DefenseWall and I wanted them untrusted. I opened Defensewall, clicked add>folder, navigated down to one of the folders and clicked on it. I then clicked on OK. and closed DefenseWall. Of course, the folder was not changed to Untrusted because I did not click Apply. When I went to close DefenseWall, It would have been very helpful to have a dialog box remind me that I needed to click "Apply" if I wanted the changes to take effect.

You probably know about this but I thought I would put in my vote for this change.

#67 Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich

- DefenseWall -

• 4,939 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Good suggestion. It's like "you have modified the text" with Notepad. OK, going to add it. Thanks!

#68 vhick

vhick

• Active Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

I, perhaps, wish to move the settings of Defensewall in application folder rather than registry to easy exclude by some virtualization program like Returnil , Shadow Defender, etc. to save data, settings, untrusted, trusted, etc. on every reboot.

I hope this is possible ahah.gif

Thanks Softsphere for a great app...

#69 vhick

vhick

• Active Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Follow-up (I can't edit my post)

I hope there is possible to allow the connection of a certain program without asking password. I set the password and other users using limited account still needed to enter password to allow connection. Remembering the connection is only required in asking password.

#70 ruinebabines

ruinebabines

Adv. Member

• Active Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Just a thought.
(I will illustrate my wishe by a simple exemple.)

Say I create two IrfanView's shortcuts to put on my desktop named "IrfanView_TR" and "IrfanView_UNTR" (with each their unique icon). It would be nice to be able to open the program as trusted with the first icon and untrusted with the second link. Or, even more, being able to open 2 instances of IView altogether, one being untrusted and the other trusted.
And I think that this feature could be handier than having to always use the contextual DW menu each and every time. The possibility to switch trusted/untrusted an already opened IrfanView would also be nice to me.

Now team this up with the next-to-come visual status indication on files' icons and i am in for some license years more.

Thanks for your work.

#71 Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich

- DefenseWall -

• 4,939 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Oh, it's very simple to do. You need to add one of the shortcut files "as untrusted". But it's quite hard to do currently (moving a file to untrusted folder and getting it back to Desktop), because DW adds the program itself into the list, not shortcut file. Maybe, I should ask users if they want to add shortcut file or an application itself or create a specific function?

#72 ruinebabines

ruinebabines

Adv. Member

• Active Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Ilya Rabinovich @ May 23 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe, I should ask users if they want to add shortcut file or an application itself or create a specific function?

Yes, and a specific function could be set as disabled on a default DW installation, maybe.

Otherwise would it be practical to implement some shortkey combinaison, like [ALT] + [CLICK], to switch the trusted/untrusted status when opening a shortcut?

#73 smallpebble

smallpebble

Adv. Member

• Active Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

I use a program called Returnil which gets rid of any changes made to my C drive with a simple reboot.

I use Defensewall to protect me between two successive reboots.

If I download something to my D drive, and it has an untrusted status, as soon as I reboot and Returnil wipes any changes to my C drive, the untrusted file I downloaded to my D drive loses the untrusted status and becomes trusted.

It would be good if files on partitions other than my C drive would retain their status after a reboot when using Returnil or programs like Returnil (they do retain their status with Geswall).

Also, and this is a big one for me, it would be awesome if I could tell the status of a file i.e. trusted or untrusted at a glance. Sorry to reference Geswall again, but Geswall puts a red box around untrusted files so their status is instantly recognizable. Geswall has it's flaws but these two features make it very good.

If these two features were added to Defensewall then it would make Defensewall complete IMHO.

#74 Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich

- DefenseWall -

• 4,939 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

The first request can be solved very easy- by setting a specific folder as untrusted and saving files there. Unfortunately, it's impossible to solve it other way as DW contains all its settings into the registry files.
The second one- I do remember about it, just can't find time to do that.

#75 smallpebble

smallpebble

Adv. Member

• Active Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thanks Ilya, I've just set my Downloads folder as untrusted and it's bang on. I feel a bit of a donut now for not seeing that myself. rofl6.gif

Also now that's sorted the second request isn't half as important anymore because it was only my downloads I was bothered about.

yourock.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users