If that happens to you here is how to solve the problem.
1. Navigate to your system root, usually C:\Windows\System32.
2. Right click on the folder background, from the drop down menu that appears select 'New' then 'folder', then name the folder control panel.
3. Make sure you are in the System32 folder and then press 'Ctrl' + 'F' on your keyboard. This should bring up the search bar. Into the search type *.cpl.
4. Move all the found files into the newly created control panel folder.
5. Check if your control panel works, if so slowly start to move the files back one at a time checking if the control panel is still working.
Explorer crashes when accessing control panel
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users