November 2018 Security Updates
Release Date: November 13, 2018
The November security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- .NET Core
- Skype for Business
- Azure App Service on Azure Stack
- Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) version 8
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.