July 2019 Security Updates
Release Date: July 09, 2019
The July security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Azure DevOps
- Open Source Software
- .NET Framework
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Exchange Server
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is only present in only the IE Cumulative package.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.
- CVE-2019-0962 *
- CVE-2019-1006 *
- CVE-2019-1068 *
KB Article Applies To
4493730 Servicing stack update for Windows Server 2008 SP2
4507434 Internet Explorer 11
4507435 Windows 10, version 1803
4507448 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
4507449 Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)
4507450 Windows 10, version 1703
4507453 Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903
4507455 Windows 10, version 1709
4507457 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)
4507458 Windows 10
4507460 Windows 10 1607 and Windows Server 2016
4507462 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)
4507464 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)
4507469 Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019