How-To Geek School: »www.howtogeek.com/school/using-w···lesson1/
Windows has many different administration tools, but do you know what even half of them do? In this edition of Geek School, we are going to teach you all about how to use these tools, as well as when to use each one.
There's so much going on under the hood that you just can't see by pulling out Task Manager. When do you use Performance Monitor, or Resource Monitor… or switch to the SysInternals tools instead? These are the things you need to know to use Windows like a pro.
1. Understanding Windows Administration Tools
2. Using Task Scheduler to Run Processes Later
3. Using Event Viewer to Troubleshoot Problems
4. Understanding Hard Drive Partitioning with Disk Management
5. Learning to Use the Registry Editor Like a Pro
6. Monitoring Your PC with Resource Monitor and Task Manager
7. Understanding the Advanced System Properties Panel
8. Understanding and Managing Windows Services
9. Using Group Policy Editor to Tweak Your PC
10. Using System Restore and File History (yet unpublished)