Puppy 5.0, code named "Lupu" and also referred to as "Lucid Puppy"
The Puppy Linux project has released version 5.0 of its fast, small-footprint Linux distro, based for the first time on Ubuntu. Puppy Linux 5.0 is built from Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx binary packages, and debuts a "Quickpet" application suite, choice of browsers, and a boot-to-desktop feature.
Code-named "Lup," or "Lucid Puppy," Puppy Linux 5.0 is "typically Puppy, lean and fast, friendly and fun," claims the project.
Other new features and major fixes that are available in Puppy Linux 5.0, as well as in most of the new Woof-based Puppy variants since Puppy 4.3, are said to include:
- Improvements in the implementation of the Aufs layered filesystem
- Improved automatic detection and configuration of analog and 3G modems
- Samba printing issues resolved
- Xorg Wizard enhanced with improved detection and configurability options
- Improvements and bugfixes for bootup and shutdown scripts
- Recovery after improper shutdown (such as power failure)
- Single location for GPL licenses
- Integrated handling of all network setup tools
- New small GUI utilities
- Improved PET package creation and package management tools
- Some system utility scripts improved
- System services can now be enabled or disabled
- Improved hardware detection and localization in the initramfs
- Woof hosted on Bones version management system
- Major enhancements to the Woof build scripts, plus new Woof GUI and logo
Get it: http://bkhome.org/bl...wDetailed=01595