USB flash disk

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Okay i have a USB flash disk drive, which I have had lying around for a while. I had it password protected ages ago to prevent anyone accessing my files if they stole it or just found the disk because they are quite expensive. I now cannot remember the password. But a program called UDSIKT 1.0.0.9 write protects the disk. It also controls the password etc so i cant use the disk unless i remember it. I know this is hard to answer because it could be called hacking, is there any way other than hacking my password, to access my USB disk. I have googled the program on the net, and nothing. Its a UDISKT MFC application. I have tried remformatting the disk etc but it just says its write protected. What can I do?

Edited by Nebon, 06 March 2006 - 05:12 PM.

#2 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

Hi

I think all you can do is dumping that USB FD or do you have any closer details about the vendor of that USB FD and the model ?

BU

#3 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

I have details about the program, sorry no details on model etc. But there is what i think must be the sponsor because printed on the side is 'Computer Associates', ca.com/eTrust. Sorry i cant give details about model etc, just that i got it at a security conference. I have looked on the site for any details, but i think they must just be a sponsor because there is no details or any sign of something remotely like a USB flash disk.

#4 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

I have no data on it i need. How do you dump a USB?

#5 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hi Nebon

Can you take some pics with a digicam, some which are showing labels, numbers, or perhaps a FCC-ID number Federal Communications Commision?

Please do not post too large pics (like did in User pictures some days ago;) )

BU

#6 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

okay sorry. I will get some pics in a minute.

#7 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

Dont worry ill just throw it away. They are quite cheap. Thanks for the help Udo.

#8 janjua

janjua

• 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Nebon @ Mar 6 2006, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay i have a USB flash disk drive, which I have had lying around for a while. I had it password protected ages ago to prevent anyone accessing my files if they stole it or just found the disk because they are quite expensive. I now cannot remember the password. But a program called UDSIKT 1.0.0.9 write protects the disk. It also controls the password etc so i cant use the disk unless i remember it. I know this is hard to answer because it could be called hacking, is there any way other than hacking my password, to access my USB disk. I have googled the program on the net, and nothing. Its a UDISKT MFC application. I have tried remformatting the disk etc but it just says its write protected. What can I do?

#9 Nebon

Nebon

Is GSF inventory

• 1,456 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

Why did you just quote my post?