• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chachazz

Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 36,453 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:49 PM

The EU lawmakers have voted 438-226 (39 abstentions) in favor of the EU Copyright Directive.

One part that may affect forums like ours is that "newspapers, magazines and other agencies receive a fee when content platforms link to their stories, so-called "neighboring rights""

Another major news website reports that "The final version clarifies that this will not include the sharing of hyperlinks to content such as news stories.

which means, we here at GSF, are today unsure if we can or cannot link to any news content published  in the EU or on EU websites.

You'll have to do a web search to read further...duh! :rolleyes:

#2 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Hello

Yes, member Chachazz did confirm, what is the new reality at GSFs. The two new EU-laws, (copyright-law) and DSGVO keeps me thinking about, how (if) to continue with our board furthermore. It's such a shame what politicans do without any knowledge about the real IT-World at the web.  The German politican, who is responsible for that law didn't even know, what he and the other pro-voters did vote for.

I would post the refering links from the websites atof Heise (see Sept. 15th) and Netzpolitik.org here, but avoid to do so, cause I do not know if I (and all other's here) are running for any copyright violations.

It's not easy finding any good workers, knowing what they are talking and doing. So my hope is that things like these will change sometimes.....

Regards

TheSentinel