July 25, 2017 - Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats - https://blogs.adobe....ash-update.html
Adobe ASSET Blog - Security Updates schedule Announcement
April 10, 2012
Further Alignment of the Adobe Reader/Acrobat Update Cycle with Microsoft’s Model
- We are shifting to a model that more closely aligns with the familiar "Microsoft Patch Tuesday" cadence.
- We will continue to publish a prenotification [@ PSIRT Blog] three business days before we release a security update to Adobe Reader and Acrobat.
- We will continue to publish security updates on the second Tuesday of the month.
- We will continue to be flexible and respond "out of cycle" to urgent needs such as a zero-day attack.
- What we are discontinuing is the quarterly cadence and the pre-announcement of the next scheduled release date in the security bulletin for the previous release.
- We will publish updates to Adobe Reader and Acrobat as needed throughout the year to best address customer requirements and keep all of our users safe.
Adobe Flash Player
- Ship a feature-bearing dot-release every 3 months
- If necessary: monthly Patch Release to address functional or security issues
Regular Security Updates –
May 20, 2009 -
Starting this summer with the initial output of our security code hardening effort, we plan to release security updates for all major supported versions and platforms of Adobe Reader and Acrobat on a quarterly basis.
Based on feedback from our customers, who have processes and resources geared toward Microsoft's "Patch Tuesday" security updates, we will make Adobe's quarterly patches available on the same days.
Adobe Secure Software Engineering Team (ASSET) Blog