WinPatrol 2013 -v 26.1.2013
January 4, 2013
*New* Access Windows 8 Advanced Safe Mode
No matter which version of Windows you use the newest WinPatrol 2013 makes updating worth while. If you've considered upgrading to WinPatrol PLUS this is the version that will make it a great investment.
Using WinPatrol to automatically switch to Desktop mode has been a popular Windows 8 trick in WinPatrol 2013. Details are available if you click here
Our newest version includes enhancements for all versions of Windows and we still found some barely documented tricks that WinPatrol can use to provide features every Windows 8 user should know how to access. The feedback from our last version encouraged updates for all users but also indicated more users had upgraded to Windows 8 then we expected.
New in 26.1.2013:
• Bug fixed in the" First Detected" Date for Active Tasks
• Bug fixed when hidding the Scotty System Tray icon.
• New Option to "Run As Adminstrator" for any programs launched by WinPatrol in Delayed Start list.
• Added Minimize, Maximize buttons as requested by just about everyone for the last 15 years. While not typically used in tabbed windows popular demand encouraged the development of tricks to make it happen.
• Complete update of WinPatrol Help pages. Documentation is included locally and is available on each tab by clicking blue help icon. This feature has been considered essential for new and/or non-expert users. Each help file includes a link to any updated information including better ways to teach WinPatrol based on user feedback.
• On many machines Windows 8 boots so quickly there is no time to press F8 to open Safe Mode. A little known feature to Reboot to a Windows 8 Advanced Repair/Restore mode replaces Windows Safe Mode. This new feature is currently only available in WinPatrol PLUS. Just right-click on any file and select "Restart Windows for Repair in Safe Mode."
See Changelog for more info & screenshots.