SIV - System Information Viewer 5.31
Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:12 PM
SIV - 'System Information Viewer' is a general Windows utility for displaying lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info - CPU info, PCI info, PCMCIA info, USB info, Machine Info, Hardware Sensors, Networked computers, Operating System Information and more. I use pcidevs.txt for the PCI devices, usbdevs.txt for the USB devices, mondevs.txt for monitor descriptions and pcmdevs.txt for PCMCIA device descriptions.
SIV is designed for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000 and NT4. Windows 95, 98 and Me are also supported.
Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:09 PM
- Windows 8 Prerelease V6.02 Build 8250 support validated, driver ACPI operations enabled and Thermal Zones fixed.
- Added the [CPU Benchmark] page. Added initial AMD A10 APU (Trinity) support.
- Added the [RDP Sessions] page. Added APC UPS HID support to the [Battery] page.
- Added cached WU summary to the [BOINC Status] panel and the -BOINC=HIDE qualifier.
- Updated [Remove SIV] to include any [SIV Autorun] entry. Added the select [Clipboard Viewer] panel.
- Updated the Romanian and Turkish translations. Resolved issue running under Wine when the SMBIOS/DMI data is outside the usual 128KB area.
Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:26 PM
- Added Intel Ivy Bridge Processor and 7 Series Chipset Support.
- Improved Intel X79 and added C600 chipset support.
- Added GPU % load summary, nVidia GTX 680 power support, updated clock speed reporting and CUDA Peak GFLOPS calculations.
- Added the [HID Bus] and [PMB Bus] panels.
- Improved APC USB/HID UPS support and reporting.
- Added Gigabyte Z77 and X79 motherboard support including the reporting of the PMBus based Digital Power Controllers.
- Added Menu->File->Save Public to generate save files with private information excluded.
- Added the -PATH="<boinc folder>[;<data folder>]" qualifier which can be used to specify the folders of a BOINC instance.
- Updated Intel DX58SO motherboard for ADT7490 sensors being used rather than aSC7621 on later board revisions.
- Fixed Wine "1.4" recognition issue.
Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:07 PM
released on 14-May-2012
• Updated GTX 600 series voltage reporting, the [GPU Info] panel layout and overclocked nVidia GPUs.
• Added reporting of nVidia GPU Performance Decrease reasons.
• Display GPU fan speed RPM and % when both are available.
• Updated [BOINC Status] to show when Network Activity is allowed and if not to defer Auto Retry. Added a facility to set GPU tasks to run at Above Normal priority.
• Added Nuvoton NCT6779D sensor support.
• Fixed [GPU CUDA] for elderly 258.96 drivers.
• Resolved an [ACPI Eval] timeout issue with "\EC0_\WEOF" on the ASUS U36SD.
Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:30 PM
released on 14-Jun-201
- Windows 8 Release Preview V6.02 Build 8400 support validated and driver ACPI operations enabled.
- Added the [Embedded Controller] page and EC sensor reporting for ASUS P8Z77 motherboards..
- Added Enable of the X7, P7, P6 and P5 Series Chipset Thermal Controller.
- Update [GPU Apps] to allow for no nVidia GPU when NVAPI is present.
- Update to use --get_state for BOINC V7.00.26 and later as the --get_simple_gui_info output has changed.
- Added -INIT=NOAPM to tell SIV to try and Disable APM on all the disk drives and then exit.
Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:00 PM
released on 06-Sep-2012
- Windows 8 RTM V6.02 Build 9200 support validated and driver ACPI operations enabled.
- Updated the [SMB Bus] support to when possible interlock using the INUSE_STS semaphore that is implemented in most Intel SMBus controllers (ICH1 and later).
- Some third party SMBus drivers incorrectly leave the INUSE_STS semaphore in a claimed state after they have completed their operations. When SIV detects this it will temporarily stop using INUSE_STS and indicate it has done this by un-checking INUSE on the [SMB Bus] panel. Note that SIV uses both the INUSE_STS semaphore and the Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method mutex.
- Added the [Chipset SMBus] panel which shows the INUSE_STS semaphore state. If you see the checkbox ticked this indicates a third party SMBus driver has incorrectly left the INUSE_STS semaphore in a claimed state and should be updated.
- Added Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 and initial ASRock 970 Extreme3 + 990FX Extreme4 motherboard support.
- Added VIA VX11 chipset support.
- Added support for the Access_PCI mutex which is used to interlock critical access to PCI Configuration space.
- Resolved an issue with [Battery] Granularity reporting and tidied up the panel layout.
- Added [JMicron RAID] SMART reporting.
- Added -NORAID to disable SMART on RAID Array Drives.
- Added support for the On Semi ADP4000 and NCP4200 PMBus Power Controllers.
- Added [ACPI ASPT] that reports the ACPI SPTT information.
Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:25 PM
released on 20-Oct-2012
- Added initial Intel Haswell, 8 Series chipset and AMD FX-8300 Series (Vishera) support.
- Updated the Disk Drive Statistics panels to add the selection of Delta or Total values.
- Added the [IPI Delay] panel which shows the IPI Delays when calling KeIpiGenericCall().
- Updated the CPU speed reporting to read all the CPU MSRs at the same time by using KeIpiGenericCall(). Added support for Intel Rapid Storage Technology V11.06.0.1030.
- Added sensor support for the Supermicro X9DAi and ASRock 890GX Extreme3 motherboards.
- Resolved a handle leak with the [Bluetooth] panel.
- Updated [Chipset SMBus] panel to show the SIV Driver INUSE Wait timeout which should be < 100ms.
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:54 PM
- Added Uncore speed reporting for Intel Core i7 Quad 720QM (Clarksfield) and similar CPUs.
- Added ADT7475 sensor support and enhanced ASUS P8Z77-V + SABERTOOTH 990FX reporting.
- Added Dell 7720 ACPI derived Temperature, Fan Speed reporting and resolved [ACPI Eval] lockup.
- Added the [UEFI Information] panel.
Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:15 PM
released on 14-Mar-2013
- Added initial Haswell-ULT and Lynx Point-LP support.
- Added ASRock X79 Extreme3 motherboard support.
- Improved Sandy Bridge-EP SMBus access and four processor systems support.
- Added initial Microsoft Surface Pro sensor reporting support.
- Added Fintek F71869A and F71889A sensor support.
- Added AMD RS400/133 Host Bridge support.
- Improved AMD 870 chipset recognition. Improved AMD A6/A8/A10 APU reporting.
Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:58 PM
released on 14-Apr-2013
- Added the GPU % Load plots for Intel Core i3/i5/i7 HD Graphics Controllers and similar for Windows 7/8 systems.
- Added current GPU memory usage for AMD/ATI and many other GPUs for Windows 7/8 systems. Use NvAPI_GPU_GetMemoryInfo() for nVidia memory usage to allow for GPUs with no attached display.
- Updated Sandy Bridge-E DIMM Temperature reading and added initial Haswell-E support.
- Added reporting of per CPU System Agent Power usage (CPU-n SA Core Power).
- Added the display of RAID Volume Names to the [CSMI RAID] panel.
- Resolved Disk Drive detection issue for Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise.
Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:55 AM
released on 14-May-2013
- Improved Intel Haswell support and updated to use the latest Intel logos. Added initial AMD Annapurna (Richland) support.
- Revised nVidia Optimus GPU reporting to prevent forcing the GPU back online.
- Added generic support for Embedded Controller ACPI Method based Temperature and Fan Speed reporting.
- Added initial ITE IT8731F and IT8732F sensor support.
- Resolved ASUS P5B motherboard ATK0110 conflict with Intel QST, QST Voltage monitoring and CPU Fan Speed reporting.
- Added reporting of Matrox MGA G200/G200eH/G200eR/G200eW WPCM450 clocks and G450/G550 Warp clock.
Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:32 AM
released on 14-Jun-2013
- Enhanced 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 (Haswell) processor support and resolved issue with Intel® Pentium® 4/D voltage updating.
- Allow for the screen being rotated on the Microsoft Surface Pro and similar systems.
- Enhanced the battery status to, when available, include the Time to Fully Charge the Battery.
- Added OnSemi ADP3228 EPU plus Nuvoton NCT6683D support and resolved SMSC LPC47M192 Fan Speed issue. Added ASUS STRIKER II NSE motherboard support and nVidia nForce 790i (10DE:0802) memory timings.
- Added Gigabyte Z77X-UD3, Z87X-OC, F2A55M, F2A75M and F2A85X motherboard support.
- Added support for [SIVDEF.ini] which can be used to provide defaults for configuration parameters that are not already present in the registry. By default SIV will save these defaults to the registry unless -NOSIVREG is selected. Note that when SIV is run from a DVD/CD or Removable Drive (USB Flash Drive) -NOSIVREG is the default.
- Enhanced [SMBus Setup] to support SMBus exclusions for busses other than zero. Currently all none zero SMBuses use the same exclusions.
- Enhanced the [Machine] page to work on systems with a UEFI only BIOS or -NODRIVER mode for Server 2003 SP1, XP-64 SP1, Windows Vista and later systems.
- Added [LDN Information] to display the registers for Super I/O Logical Device Numbers (LDNs).
- Resolved [ACPI Eval] issue on HP DL360p Gen8 systems.
- Added the -DBGINI qualifier and included SIVDBG.bat in the siv.zip to aid resolving start-up issues.
- Resolved start-up issue which existed on some HP DL360 G5 systems.
- Added initial Windows 8.1 support and enabled ACPI evaluation for Build 9385.
Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:43 AM
released on 14-Jul-2013
- Updated Windows 8.1 support and enabled ACPI evaluation for Build 9431.
- Added support for the Intel WX58BP motherboard, HP DL580 G5 system and resloved issue with SMBIOS/DMI reporting. Added support to report Pipe Usage for UAS (USB Attached SCSI) capable devices.
- Resolved issue with [ MCH ] on some systems with a VIA chipset.
- Resolved issue with logo backgrounds being the incorrect colour on displays with 16-bit rather than 32-bit colour.
Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:20 PM
released on 14-Sep-2013
- Validated Windows 8.1 RTM Build 9600 support, enabled ACPI operations and added <supportedOS Id>.
- Added Intel Atom (Bay Trail) support and allow for IA Core without Package power.
- Added ITE IT8790E sensor chip reporting and updated Gigabyte Z87X motherboard support.
- Added SMART Media Wearout Indicator and Total NAND Program Count reporting.
- Update to compensate for changes in Intel Rapid Storage Technology V12.08.0.1016.
- Added nVidia MCP73V chipset and MSI MS-7366 motherboard support.
- Added Intel DX79SI and ECS 945GZ motherboard support.
- Allow for some ACPI\INT340E methods reporting 0x80000000.
- Updated the [SMBus Locks] panel for latest AIDA64 plus EasyTune and added SensorDetector.
Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:57 AM
released on 14-Jan-2014
- Added initial AMD APU (Kabini) and Acer XC-105 motherboard support.
- Added ASRock H61M-DGS, Dell XPS 8700 and Tyan S8230 motherboard support.
- Added Intel 9 Series chipset support. Allow for no CPUID 0x000B data on "Microsoft Hv" systems.
- Added the Access_Intel_OC_Mailbox mutex to interlock access to MSR 0x0150 (IA32_OC_MAILBOX).
- Extended the Transfer Rate panel enable the Transfer Bytes, Transfer Depth and Transfer Count to be specified.
- Added the ability to test Inner, Outer and a Range of locations plus a Range of Transfer Depths or Bytes.
- Correct number of Level 2 Caches reported for some Intel Core i5 processors.
- Resolved SIV32X issue with the Tool Tip on Volts for some CPUs if a core voltage is not reported.
- Resolved issue with the [ SPD ] panel for DIMMs that have a vast number of XMP profiles.