Photo

What are the best anti-spyware programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bart69

bart69

• 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

Hi I just got a new computer and I would like to know what are your favorite anti-spyware programs? I like "CounterSpy","AVG Anti-Spyware and either "PC Tools Spyware Doctor" or"Webroot's SpySweeper". Please tell me why and what you like about the program you are touting. Regards bart 69

#2 Alias

Alias

• 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

I prefer Webroot's SpySweeper because it is very effective in catching and removing spyware and other nasties. The antivirus (Kaspersky) that I use provides excellent protection against spyware.

#3 farmerlee

farmerlee

• Active Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:17 AM

They are all good programs imo. Spysweeper and counterspy are heavy on resources but if you have a modern computer they should run fine.
My favourite is avg antispyware as it does its job well and doesn't slow my computer down.

#4 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

@Farmerlee

They are all good programs imo. Spysweeper and counterspy are heavy on resources but if you have a modern computer they should run fine.
My favourite is avg antispyware as it does its job well and doesn't slow my computer down.

I have seen a lot of your postings now, and all are only "wishi washi" statements. Could you please get in more details about the program qualities when replying.

Thanks
B. Udo

#5 nikki

nikki

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (bart69 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I just got a new computer and I would like to know what are your favorite anti-spyware programs? I like "CounterSpy","AVG Anti-Spyware and either "PC Tools Spyware Doctor" or"Webroot's SpySweeper". Please tell me why and what you like about the program you are touting. Regards bart 69

even though the above programs may be the top ones, I'd very bitter experience with spyware doctor. The updates are not automatic. When i reported the problem to the support team, they didn't turn up. However, i'm comfortable with AVG. You can go with it.

#6 Tester

Tester

Adv. Member

• Charter Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:41 AM

Bart69,

You like CounterSpy?
The beta(2.0) that is being worked on now is much lighter than the older version.
When that version goes final I would look very closely at it.
It's a comprehensive A/S program and it reminds me of Giant.Which was one of my favorites.
Another big factor can be the price.CounterSpy has a low price and low renewal fee.