July 2018 Security Updates
Release Date: July 10, 2018
The July security release consists of security updates for the following software:
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
Adobe Flash Player
Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 Software
PowerShell Editor Services
PowerShell Extension for Visual Studio Code
Web Customizations for Active Directory Federation Services
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include further steps to take after installing the updates.
Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so.
If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact: For home users, no-charge support for security updates (only!) is available by calling 800-MICROSOFT (800-642-7676) in the US or 877-568-2495 in Canada.