19 replies to this topic

#16 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

Heya Barb

well thats ridiculous, what MS Support says. It's up to their service to help you not to pay for cause you already did with buying their software. If everything does not work out, how much would it take you to reinstall the system completely?

Like you mentioned, you did save all your needed files.

But before starting that installing blues can you set the Windows Module installer on automatic looking what it does after a reboot?

Take care

TS

#17 barb2233

barb2233

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi TS

I had tried doing the formatting the drive and starting over but trusted installer wouldn't okay it :) I agree it's ridiculous. I will try changing the setting on the Windows Module installer and see if it helps. I thought about trying, hopefully old trustee doesn't block that too.

Thanks TS,

Barb

#18 barb2233

barb2233

• Active Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

I have one more question. This is going to take a format to fix the problem. Seems all other solutions not working. I have my passwords saved in Keepass on the external harddrive. I am concerned that they will not show up once I format my desktop harddrive. I have tried hooking the external harddrive up to a new laptop computer I just got and it isn't reading them. There is nothing showing up on the keepass when external harddrive connected to laptop. Do you think that they will be lost once I format my desktop computer?

Thanks,

Barb

#19 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

Howdy Barb and happy New Year again *BG*

your concerns are correct. How should / can your fresh installed system get the saved PW from Keepass? Little bit tricky, right :)? Keepass needs to get installed first, all PWs announced to the new system...... bit too much to teach the new installed system.

Thats why I personally do not run programs like Keepass. But that doesn't help you. Give me some time to think over presenting you a solution that will satisfy you, keepin ya  operational, kay? Will get back to you within that week, ok?

Greetz

BU from Germany

#20 Chachazz

Chachazz

Is GSF inventory

• General Admin
  • 36,501 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

I find Keepass an essential tool

Before reformatting, export the database to USB or working external storage.
and it is ready to import at any time.

Portable Edition is extremely handy for use on multiple machines.
The database can be synchronized and the whole program easily saved in backup.