FirePanel XP is built upon the Windows Internet Connection Firewall.
"Connecting to the Internet without a firewall is like leaving the keys in your car with the engine running and the doors unlocked while you run into the store. Although you may be able to get in and out before anyone notices, someone may take advantage of the opportunity. On the Internet, hackers use malicious code?such as viruses, worms, and Trojan horses?to try to find unprotected computers. Firewalls help protect your computer against these and other security attacks.
So what can a hacker do? It depends on the nature of the attack. While some attacks are just nuisances that may play simple pranks, others are created with malicious intent. These more severe strains may attempt to delete information from your computer, crash it, or even steal personal information, such as passwords or credit card numbers. Some hackers enjoy nothing better than breaking into vulnerable computers. Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are scary. Fortunately, you can reduce your risk of infection by using a firewall."
- Monitor Windows inbound and outbound network activity.
- Find out which packets are blocked by Windows ICF.
- Troubleshoot firewall problems.
- Monitor active connections and see who is connected to your system.
- Open specific ports for programs that act as servers.
- Select which programs can dynamically open any ports needed.
- Set Windows services to listen to subnet activity and not the world.
- Change automatic settings made by programs and tighten your security.
- Protect yourself from attacks, worms, trojans, known exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Supports with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Built for x86 and x64 platforms.
- Designed for systems running Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista.
Product Info & Download: FirePanel XP