Release Date: October 08, 2019
The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Open Source Software
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Windows Update Assistant
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.
- CVE-2019-1314 *
Known IssuesKB Article Applies To 4519338 Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019 4519974 Internet Explorer 4519976 Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup) 4519985 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update) 4519990 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update) 4519998 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016 4520004 Windows 10, version 1709 4520005 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup) 4520007 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup) 4520008 Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803 4520010 Windows 10, version 1703 4520011 Windows 10