- Leading open PC platform with huge global following announces mobile version for network operators, OEMs and silicon vendors
- Fast, beautiful interface for entry level smartphones
- Unique PC experience on superphones when docked with a monitor, keyboard and mouse
- Ubuntu raises the bar for mobile UI design, for richer and more immersive apps
- A single OS for phone, PC and TV
London 2nd January, 2013: Canonical today announced a distinctive smartphone interface for its popular operating system, Ubuntu, using all four edges of the screen for a more immersive experience. Ubuntu uniquely gives handset OEMs and mobile operators the ability to converge phone, PC and thin client into a single enterprise superphone.