Release Date: February 11, 2020
The February security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Windows Surface Hub
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.
- CVE-2020-0618 *
- CVE-2020-0689 *
Known IssuesKB Article Applies To 4532691 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019 4536987 Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 & 2019 4536988 Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 4536989 Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 4537762 Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803 4537764 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016 4537776 Windows 10 4537789 Windows 10, version 1709 4537794 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update) 4537803 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update) 4537813 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update) 4537814 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup) 4537821 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)