2 replies to this topic

#1 Terryala

Terryala

Board Grand Dad

• Charter Members
  • 17,910 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:12 AM

Restoration:: file undelete utility.

Restoration is an easy to use and straight forward tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from within Windows, and we were also able to recover photos from a Flash card that had been formatted. Upon start, you can scan for all files that may be recovered and also limit the results by entering a search term or extension. In addition, it also provides the option to wipe the found files beyond simple recovery. The program is small and standalone, it does not require installation and can also run from a Floppy disk. Restoration works with FAT and NTFS as well as digital cameras cards.

More Information & Instructions for use: http://www3.telus.ne...ESTORATION.html

Grand Dad

#2 Hunter

Hunter

The Flying Dutchman

• General Admin
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

This program and other like it does work even after you have rebooted your PC in most cases but let me give you some tips and information.

When you delete a file it does remain on your hard drive. But the name of the actual file is changed when you delete it. The type of file..that is it's file extension name like zip doc gif etc. is NOT changed. So that is how you can find the exact file you have deleted along with the date that you have deleted it.

For instance as a Test, I used Restoration 3.2.13 to recovery a file I had just deleted. The name of the file I deleted was BEES.zip

These were the step:

1. With Restoration 3.2.13 and it associated .dll's place in a file folder on my desktop, I ran the Restoration.exe and told it to search for ZIP then ran the search. It found a zip I had deleted but the name of this zip was now DC11.zip. It gave me the file size and the date I had deleted it.

2. I knew this had to be the right file I was looking for so I had the Restoration.exe COPY the file and it put a copy of This DC11.zip in the folder I created on my desktop for the Restoration 3.2.13 and it associated .dll .

3. The other hint that you have found the right file is that Restoration.exe will tell you the file location was in the C:/RECYCLER..and that of course was your trash bin in the first place.

The file I was looking for is now recovered..and everything inside the Zip was complete and not corrupted.

So one of the keys to using these restoration products is to remember the file extension of the file you are trying to recovery and also the date that you deleted the file.

The other key is do not wait too long to recover a file..take immediate action to recovery as soon as you realize your mistake.

Good Luck

#3 Terryala

Terryala

Board Grand Dad

• Charter Members
  • 17,910 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

Restoration Version 2.5.14

Fixed a bug concerned with folder restoration of FAT partition.
(The error occurd from Version 2.5.6.)

http://www3.telus.ne...ESTORATION.html