15 replies to this topic

#1 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi,

Just hoping somebody can help me out?

I've just purchased a Microsoft Digital Media 3000 keyboard which has a few "hotkeys" etc. I can't get the volume keys (along with a few others) to work and it looks like it may be due to me having Logitech itouch software installed for my previous keyboard.

I've tried uninstalling itouch but it's still showing in my programs list. I'm running XP home btw.

#2 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi russ_g_uk

Check out if there's an software entry called Logitech setPoint at Control Panel --> Add Remove Software . That's the software you should uninstall. After that I would suggest to do a reboot. Then install the latest release of that device driver at Microsoft software dowloads, get em before starting any un- and installing blues ;)

Regards

TheSentinel

Edited by TheSentinel, 30 October 2013 - 06:31 PM.
Corrections needed

#3 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for that. I've looked for the Logitech setpoint but it's not there. Logitech i-Touch still shows in my programs list but doesn't appear in the add/remove software list.

I've now updated to the latest driver for my Microsoft keyboard and there just seems to be 3 buttons not working now, volume up, down and mute.

Any suggestions?

#4 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi russ

Thanks for that. I've looked for the Logitech setpoint but it's not there. Logitech i-Touch still shows in my programs list but doesn't appear in the add/remove software list.

I've now updated to the latest driver for my Microsoft keyboard and there just seems to be 3 buttons not working now, volume up, down and mute.

Any suggestions?

Had a closer look into the "glass-ball" and found that but make sure that there are no left overs. On the missing MS features would suggest you to get over to No. 1 or no.2 

Regards

TS

#5 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Sorry I've not replied sooner. I've already tried to uninstall with revo but i-touch is still there. When I go into add/remove programs, it doesn't appear in the list but I can still run the program!

Thanks

Russ 

#6 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Morning russ

could it be that you are running any more Logitecch devices like f.e. a mouse? If not I would have a look which servidces are running:

1. Get into the list with services

2. Check if there's any services of Logitech devices are runnig

3. Mark each of these services and do a right click and chose PROPERTIES

4. Which status' can you see

5. Can you get a screen shot (maybe) and upload em here?

Regards

TS

#7 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'm not running any more Logitech devices. Mouse, I believe, is just a standard 3 button mouse driver.

I went into MSconfig, looked in services and found no reference to either Logitech or itouch. In the startup section, itouch was there but it wasn't checked.

Not sure how I can screenshot the list of services running. I've tried alt+prtscn but it doesn't do anything.

If you know how I can do it, I will happily post a list of services.

Thank you

Russ

#8 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Howdy russ

check for this. Usage is simple. There is nothing to install. Just cretae a shortcut of that Printkey.exe file and move it into your startup folder. a double click lets a finger appear in right lower corner somewhere beneath the clock.

Press down the keytab prnscrn (or similar) and you might hear a click. A complete copy of your screen pops up. Clicking on Rectangle changes the mouse pointer into a cross. Now choose upper left corner where you wanna start a snippet, keep left mouse tab pressed down and move as far you want to the lower right corner. Stop pressing then and snippet is done.

Now save it (button upper left) as .GIF file and upload it here.

Ciao

TS

#9 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hi TS

I tried the link but that didn't work so I downloaded a program called Greenshot. I think I've now got 4 gif's showing services on my PC. Hope this helps?

Russ

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.gif   28.96KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.gif   30.05KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.gif   28.77KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.gif   28.63KB   0 downloads

#10 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi there :good:

thanks a lot for your help and posting the requested screen shots. Due to the listed services XP still keeps the i-touch entry even if it got uninstalled. What happens when you're clicking on that i-touch entry? Does the system response with an error message (f.e. path to program not found or program not found)? If yes, get on that entry and do a right click. Choosing properties and open Path to program/data delete that entry. If that directory is empty, get back on that program link and delete it. If not... tell me whats in that directory left.

Back to your other problem with your MS keyboard. I'm missing any services in that lists above. Are there any program entries listed in your XP?

Til later

Greetz from Germany

TS

#11 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Me again russ

had another check at Google about entries for your problem. Could you install the device driver without any problems?

TS

#12 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hi TS,

Thanks for your help again. I think my problem is that I cannot uninstall i-touch. Even though it is not listed in my "add/remove programs list", it still appears in "Start - programs" and when I click on it, the i-touch configuration box appears. I'll screenshot this below. Once started, it then resides in the taskbar.

Russ

Attached Files

#13 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Heya russ

what can be read at the other i-tiouch sheet called Options ? Otherwise I would move the pointer at the icon at taskbar, right click and choosing Exit, Quit or anything which might end that program. Would install or run CCleaner:

Attached File  CCleaner_tools_remove.gif   27.05KB   0 downloads

Check if there's an entry of i-touch. If yes, I would suggest to give Run uninstaller a chance:

Attached File  CCleaner_tools_remove2.gif   4.02KB   0 downloads#

#14 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

... another chance:

Did discuss your problem with a friend. He suggested to get the free version of Revo Uninstaller and give it a try. He could get rid of that i-touch installation that way....

Greetz

TS

#15 russ_g_uk

russ_g_uk

• Active Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

I've attached the options screen of i-touch. Don't think there's anything of interest there.

I've installed CCleaner but that cannot find i-touch.

I've already installed Revo and that is how i first "uninstalled" i-touch. Unfortunately it didn't go away!

Thanks,

Russ

Attached Files