Photo

Help with choosing the right graphics card.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 INS0MNIA

INS0MNIA

• Active Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hi

My Mobo died last week so replaced that after I was getting random reboots.

The problem was still there so I took out the graphics card and have been using the onboard graphics now for a week without a problem.

Trouble is the quality is not that good on my second monitor using the DVI-D cable.

Can someone point me in the right direction of a graphics card that will fit this board please?

I have looked but Not that clued up on hardware and do not want to get the wrong card.

Around the £50 - £80 price range as the 

Regards.

Attached Files

Edited by INS0MNIA, 08 December 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#2 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:27 AM

Hi INS0MNIA

Could you please answer us these questions, finding new graphic adapters for you?

Q: What graphics adapter was in use last time (brand, model, RAM....etc)

Q: What kinda games do you play if you are playing video games?

Q: What do you prefer, a passive or active cooled card?

Regarde

TS

#3 INS0MNIA

INS0MNIA

• Active Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for replying.

Posted in the Overclockers forum and no reply in 5 days there.

The Graphics card I took out was an ICE QX HD 7770

I don't play games on the pc,just surfing and watching live feeds.

Just want a card as like I said the onboard one does not show the quality like the graphics card did using the DVI-D cable on my second monitor.

The VGA cable on the first monitor is fine.

Just want a cheapish but decent card so I can hook up an HDMI lead to it for the second monitor.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

#4 TheSentinel

TheSentinel

The man in the dark

• General Admin
  • 31,812 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Heya there :)

well thats makes it bit easier. I have an Asus Nvidia GT 610 silent running in one of my test machines. Has 2GB Video RAM, does support HDMI resolution, has DVI, VGA and Display Port as connectors. Did pay ~50 EU Works good, is silent and fast enough for all my IT needs. Should you swap over to Linux on day (like I did) it runs perfect with the generic drivers comming along with every Linux distribution.

There are some more 610-ers out there, which have an HDMI socket. Gigabyte, Palit and Sapphire may offer them. If you want a bit more faster (+30 EU) look out for the 630-ier chipset.

Regards

TS

[Addition]

Look out for a Gigabyte HD 7770 with 1 - 2 GB VideoRAM. You might get inexpensive cards between 40 and 60 EU cause it's an elder model. Some OC models are available too. Here's a link with lot of pictures to a German Gamer Mag

See Gigabytes Website about that card here