Security Update Guide > Release Notes
December 2018 Security Updates
Release Date: December 11, 2018
The December security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- .NET Framework
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.